Table of Contents Hide
The Kashmir Files’ is a story, based on video interviews of the first generation victims of the Genocide of the Kashmiri Pandit Community In 1990.
- Vivek Agnihotri
- Vivek Agnihotri
- Saurabh M. Pandey(additional screenplay & dialogue)
- Mithun Chakraborty
- Anupam Kher
- Darshan Kumaar
- Cinematography – Udaysingh Mohite
- Film Editing – Shankh Rajadhyaksha
- Casting – Taran Bajaj, Amaan Iqbal
- Production Design – Udai Prakash Singh, Krishna Thakur
- Right To Justice
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Lot of violence,Womens and kids shot dead which has really happened in kashmir. Last 15 minutes of the movie are very intense and tragic.
- Intense violence is shown. People were shown being shot in the head at point blank range. A woman is disrobed and cut into half by a chainsaw.
- Movie is based on the Hindu Genocide of Kashmir that occurred during 1980s and 1990s.
- This is the second film in the ‘Files’ anthology series, preceded by The Tashkent Files and to be followed by The Delhi Files.
- Release date
- Country of origin
- Production companies
- Runtime – 2 hours 50 minutes
- Sound mix – Dolby
Budget & Box Office Collection
- ₹200,000,000 (estimated)
- The Kashmir Files 5 Days Box Office Collection
|Day||India Net Collection|
|Day 1 [1st Friday]||₹ 3.55 Cr|
|Day 2 [1st Saturday]||₹ 8.5 Cr|
|Day 3 [1st Sunday]||₹ 15.1 Cr|
|Day 4 [1st Monday]||₹ 15.05 Cr|
|Day 5 [1st Tuesday]||₹ 17.80 Cr * early estimates|
|Total||₹ 59.95 Cr|
This shows the trauma the Kashmiri pandits have gone through and still haunts 30+ years. The nation needs to know this. Many people still don’t visualize the horror experienced by Kashmiri Pandits. It is seen as a simple terror strike. But it is a hard-hitting event of bloodshed human brutality and families being displaced.
Taking to Twitter, film trade analyst Taran Adarsh wrote, “While *most films* crash/fall on the crucial Monday, #TheKashmirFiles is on a record-smashing spree… Mon is similar to Sun… #TKF is a smash-hit… On course to be a blockbuster… Fri 3.55 cr, Sat 8.50 cr, Sun 15.10 cr, Mon 15.05 cr. Total: ₹ 42.20 cr. #India biz.”
Review By StatisticsPress –
The Kashmir files is a hard hit on what happened with the Kashmiri pandits, the atrocities and the hate they faced where they had equal rights to live, this is simply brilliant, the screenplay is engaging from start to finish and Vivek Agnihotri deserves big applause in getting the facts, the truth in front of everyone, it’s raw, brutal and some scenes are so hard-hitting that you feel bad for the incidents which happened, it will leave you with tears in eyes, acting no need to say the star cast is so powerful that we are no one to say something about their acting, simply outstanding, Anupam Kher is one actor you give him any role he will give his best and rest of the star cast outstanding climax is touching and after the movie ends it will not leave you for a long time it keeps on rotating in your heads.
The Kashmir Files | Official Trailer
The Kashmir Files, directed by Vivek Ranjan Agnihotri, has made ₹42.20 crores at the box office of its release. The film features Anupam Kher, Mithun Chakraborty, Pallavi Joshi, Darshan Kumaar, Bhasha Sumbli, and Chinmay Mandlekar. It is based on the mass murder of Kashmiri Pandits in the 1990s in Kashmir valley. The Kashmir Files were released in theatres on Friday amid positive reviews.
Several states have made The Kashmir Files tax-free, including Karnataka, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Tripura, and Goa. The Madhya Pradesh government has said policemen in the state will be provided leave to watch the film, as per news agency PTI.
Disclaimer: The Box Office Data are compiled from various sources and by our research. These data can be approximate and Bollywood fever does not make any claims about the authenticity of the data.